Preparing healthy snacks for kids is something every mom wants, but it’s not so easy as it seems, especially on those busy days when we really don’t have time for cooking. This is why I always try to have some healthy snacks in the fridge and some easy-to-make recipes at hand. If you are also in a permanent search of inspiration for the kids’ meals, I hope that my list will be useful for you. And if you have any other additional ideas to add, I would be glad to find them out!
This is my list of very quick snacks I keep in the fridge for the moments when Bogdan is hungry and cannot wait until I prepare a meal. Some of them can be served directly as they are, others require a quick preparation, but not more than some minutes.
I try to add these items on my shopping list when we go to the supermarket to be sure I always have some of them at hand.
* whole grain cereal with fresh fruits
* homemade fruit yogurt (very easy to make: you just add cut up fresh fruit into a plain greek yogurt)
* hard-boiled eggs
* avocado slices
* humus and cut up vegetables
* fresh fruit sticks or carrot sticks
* cheese strings (we like the mozzarella strings)
I was never very good at cooking, so all the recipes I try must be simple and easy to make. 🙂 Becoming a stay-at-home mom made me think more about having a list of healthy recipes to inspire me when I prepare snacks for my boy. I selected here some of my favorite recipes, I hope you will like them and try them with your kids.
1. BANANA & ORANGE OAT TODDLER BITES (they can be used for older kids too)
3. Cinnamon Apple Chips (a very nice idea and really easy to make)
6. Smoothies For Kids (we really love smoothies, they are easy to make and very healthy)
I hope you will like these ideas and you’ll try them at home. I have started a Pinterest board where I gather more healthy snack ideas, you can find it below.
I would be glad to find out about what snacks do yo prepare for your kids, it would be a good inspiration for my list. What is your favorite healthy snack for your kids?
I have created the #InspirationNotes series to share with you a lot of nice ideas that I have the chance to discover on Pinterest, I hope you will enjoy them! 🙂 You can find the whole list of inspiring ideas in the #InspirationNotes page.