This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
Inside: Discover a list of easy December activities that will help you connect with your kids and have fun together!
As parents, it’s so easy to get caught up in all the tasks we need to do every day and miss the opportunity to enjoy our kids more.
The most important goal I have this year when it comes to my family is to remind myself every day to slow down, connect with my kids, and make them feel happy and loved.
And I know that the best way to make this happen is to be intentional about spending quality time with my family.
This is why I decided to create a list of activities to help us connect and bring us closer. And I want to invite you to try it as well!
December activities to enjoy with your kids
I created a list of 16 activities for us to enjoy together this month, and I hope you’ll like them as well!
You can download the printable poster below, which also includes details about the activities.
Here are more details about the activities:
1. Go on a winter nature walk. Make it more fun by inviting kids to a color scavenger hunt.
2. Start a holiday journal. Write about the activities you do together every day during the holiday season, add drawings, and capture happy memories.
3. Decorate the house and the tree together.
4. Make Christmas cards for loved ones.
5. Create salt dough ornaments.
6. Drive around town to see the Christmas lights.
7. Make a snowman craft. (you can find an idea on this list, at the activity for day 3)
8. Christmas-themed scavenger hunt – Download the printable file here.
9. Read holiday books. (check out these 10 lovely Christmas books for kids)
10. Winter-themed playdough play – Build a Christmas tree, a snowman or a reindeer.
11. Have a picnic under the Christmas tree. (December 15th is International Tea Day, so you can also try an afternoon tea party instead of the picnic and have fun together.)
12. Watch a holiday movie (e.g, “Klaus” on Netflix).
Bonus idea: December 28th is Short Film Day, so you can also plan a short movie marathon and enjoy some Pixar short films with your kids.
13. Make a winter-themed art project.
14. Build a gingerbread house
15. Have a family night with carols and hot cocoa. Use this opportunity to
read stories together and share your favorite Christmas memories.
16. Bake Christmas cookies.
I wish you a wonderful month of December with many happy moments with your family!