Welcome to day 5 of the Family Lockdown Fun challenge!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
One easy and fun family activity
Today’s idea: Movie night with a twist
Have a special movie night
Movie nights are always fun, but here are some ideas to make them even more special and use them as inspiration for additional activities.
Here are some easy ways to make family movie nights more fun:
- Create a “cinema” experience by displaying a movie poster, creating “tickets” for the kids, and adding a snack bar with your children’s favorite treats.
- Choose a theme for your movie night and invite the kids to help with the preparations by creating decorations for the living room and special outfits to wear during the movie. (e.g., princess theme for “Frozen”, space theme for “Star Wars”, ocean theme for “Finding Nemo”)
- Invite the kids to build a blanket fort and watch the movie while staying cozy inside it. Or if you have a backyard, consider moving the movie night outdoors using a projector.
Also, after watching a movie with your kids, use it as inspiration for more activities for them to do the next day:
- drawing a picture of the main character or their favorite scene
- building something inspired by the movie
- creating a story where the main character from the movie comes to their house (or a story where they get to visit a place they liked from the movie)
- creating alternative endings for the movie
- making a craft inspired by the movie.
🎁 Bonus: At the bottom of the page you can download a printable set including a Family Movie Night poster and “tickets” to offer to your kids.
One resource that will make learning more fun
Today’s resource: A wonderful digital library for kids
Instantly access 40,000 of the best books, learning videos, quizzes & more included in the leading digital library for kids
This is our favorite reading app because it includes tons of wonderful stories!
One bonus idea for kids to try today
Today’s bonus idea: Easy Disney activities for kids
Disney activities to try at home
If your kids love Disney characters, here are some super simple printable activities for them!
The best place to find Disney activities, crafts and recipes is the Disney Family site.
Here are some of their best printable resources:
✔️ printable games:
✔️ activity books:
- Doc McStuffins activity book
- Winnie the Pooh activity book
- printable summer workbook (you can use it now as well)
✔️ printable activities:
- printable “Coco” Family Tree
- “Monsters University” activity page
- “Incredibles 2” placemat
- “Finding Nemo” activity page
✔️for young kids:
✔️for older kids:
- Star Wars Jedi training quizzes
- Star Wars Bingo
- “What Disney Character Am I?” game
- “UP” Adventure Book
Bonus idea: Check out the Virtual Viewing of Disney’s Magic Happens Parade posted by Disney World (a 8-minute parade will certainly bring joy to all the little Disney fans).
🎁 Download: Family movie night printables
Click on the image below to download the Family Movie Night poster and “tickets” for kids.
Enjoy the ideas and have a wonderful day!