Welcome to day 6 of the Family Lockdown Fun challenge!
One easy and fun family activity
Today’s idea: Movement games for kids and parents
Get active with an easy movement game
One easy way to get kids active while stuck at home is to create a fun movement game for them!
Here is how you can do it:
For young kids:
- Download the movement cards at the bottom of the page, print them, and cut them out.
- Create a “circuit” around the house and tape the cards in different places along it.
- Then invite all family members to go through the whole circuit (in order) and make the movements on the cards.
- Make the activity more fun by challenging everyone to finish the circuit in a specific time frame (e.g., less than 4 minutes).
For older kids:
- Have a “Family Olympics” day.
- Invite every family member to come up with game ideas, and create different “stations” for each game. (e.g, basketball with a laundry basket and socks, bowling with water bottles, egg and spoon race)
- After all the stations are set up, start the “competition” and have fun together trying each of the games.
One resource that will make learning more fun
Today’s resource: Active screen time ideas
This free app gets kids up and moving to fun, engaging content and games.
Also, if you want to encourage kids to practice yoga, mindfulness and relaxation, check out the Cosmic Kids Yoga Youtube channel. Their videos are great for helping kids feel more relaxed!
One bonus idea for kids to try today
Today’s bonus idea: Easy games that burn off energy
Get kids active with easy games
Being stuck at home can make kids go stir crazy, so try these games to help them burn off some energy.
Here are some very easy games to try with the kids:
- musical statues / freeze dance
- indoor obstacle course
- “the floor is lava” game
- dance party in the living room
- pillow fight
- balloon tennis / “keep the balloon in the air” game
- “hot potato” game
🎁 Download: Movement cards for kids
Click on the image below to download the 12 movement cards.
Enjoy the ideas and have a wonderful day!