Welcome to day 6 of the Family Lockdown Fun challenge!
One easy and fun family activity
Today’s idea: Create a handprint keepsake and an art galley at home
Create lovely memories at home
Today’s idea is all about creating memories at home: a handprint keepsake and an art gallery.
Family handprint keepsake:
Here are some ways to create it:
- Have all family members paint their hands and create a special design with all the handprints.
- Trace the handprints on colored paper, cut them out, and create a design using one paper hand cutouts for each family member. Here is a template you can use to add the cutouts on.
Here is how ours looks like:
- Make a salt dough and add the handprints on it, then bake it and paint each handprint with a different color. You can find a video tutorial below.
Art gallery at home:
- Ask the kids to gather their favorite artworks (and even create new ones for the art gallery).
- Invite them to create homemade frames for the artworks and come up with ideas on how to display the gallery.
- Choose a wall in your home to display all the artworks and help the kids create the gallery.
- Make a video of your art gallery and have the kids present their artworks. (The video will be a lovely family memory, and you can also sent it to grandparents so they can admire the art gallery.)
One resource that will make learning more fun
Today’s resource: Active screen time ideas
KidLit is a great place to discover great children’s books and connect with the people who create them.
On their site you can find a Read Out Loud section, book inspired crafts and activities, a literature podcast for kids, and more.
One bonus idea for kids to try today
Today’s bonus idea: Create a treasure box
Invite the kids to create a “treasure box”
Invite the kids to create a “treasure box” using a shoe box (or any other box you have at hand).
They can start by decorating the box and creating a label for it. Then they will decide what items to include in it, and when they would like to open it (e.g, one year from now, on their next birthday).
Here are some things they could include:
- family photos
- letters / cards
- toy figurines
- a list of their favorite things.
If you want to transform this into a family activity, you can find a printable Family Time Capsule set in this activity pack.
Enjoy the ideas and have a wonderful day!