This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
If you want to find some awesome human body activities for young kids, here is a list with a lot of ideas that little learners will enjoy!
When my son was around 2 years old, he received a little book about the human body. Usually, at that age, when I was reading a book he was moving all around the room while listening to me. But that time things were different!
As soon as I started to read, he sat next to me on the floor. He didn’t move until I finished the whole book. He was so amazed about every information in the book! And I was amazed that he was so quiet and still! 🙂
In the next months, he asked to listen to that book almost every day!
Sometimes he was following me all around the house with the book in his tiny hands, waiting for me to sit down and read it.
Now he is still interested in all the things related to his body. He tries to understand everything that we tell him about different parts of the body and how they work. And he asks thousands of questions about them!
This is why I’ve decided to dedicate this month to human body activities!
If you think that your kids would enjoy learning about the human body in a fun and playful way, I hope you’ll find some inspiration on our list of activities!photo credit: Oksana Kuzmina / shutterstock.com
When it comes to learning about the anatomy of the body, here are 3 types of activities that children will enjoy:
– hands-on activities and experiments about the human body
– exploring the human body using toys and materials
– read books and encyclopedias about the human body.
For each of this categories, you will find below a list of ideas that you can try with your child. I can’t wait to try all of them with my son!
Hands-on human body activities for young kids
These activities are the perfect way to combine learning and playing! They are easy to set and will bring you a lot of fun too!
1. Respiratory System Model from Primary Theme Park – This model will help kids understand how the respiratory system works.
2. Learn about the brain activities from Adventures in Mommydom – A great resource for teaching children about the brain and its activity.
3. Toddler Body Awareness Activity from Playing and Learning Begins at Home – A simple activity that toddlers will enjoyphoto credit: Olesia Bilkei / shutterstock.com
4. LIFE-SIZED BODY MAP from Pink and Green Mama – A wonderful idea to try with preschoolers and older kids
5. Q-Tip X-Ray Craft for Preschoolers from From ABCs to ACTs – This is a fun and easy activity for learning about the bones.
6. Hands-on Science: What is blood made of? from I can teach my child – This is a great activity for teaching kids about the blood and its components. It is suitable for children over 3 years.
7. Life Size Human Anatomy Activity from Confessions of a Homeschooler – The article also contains a printable file with the resources you’ll need for the activity.
8. Teaching Kids About their Lungs from The Pinay Homeschooler – This is such an easy and fun way to show to the kids how lungs work!
9. Body Paint Process Art from Busy Toddler – A nice way to combine learning about the human body with art.
Toys and materials for learning about the human body
Here are 3 of our favorite materials for teaching kids about the human body.
Children books about the human body
Reading books about anatomy is a great way to help children understand how their body works. And they can be a great starting point for initiating more discussions about body parts, health, and body safety.
1. Little Explorers: My Amazing Body (one of my son’s favorite books about the human body)
I hope that you liked these ideas and you’ll try them with your children! If you want to get access to our library of printable resources for parents, including some nice activity ideas, you can sign up HERE.
I wish you a lot of playful moments with your kids!
More from Playful Notes
photo credit preview photo: GraphicsRF / shutterstock.com