This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
This year I wanted to prepare a meaningful gift for my husband’s birthday so I created two homemade gifts that I knew will make him happy.
One of the gifts was a love coupon book for him with 36 date ideas for us to enjoy during the whole year. The other one was an easy DIY gift that I created to show my husband how much I love him: a jar of love notes.
My husband turned 30 this year so I thought that a nice way to make this celebration special was to share with him 30 reasons why I love him.
If you like the idea of creating a jar of love notes for your husband, here are all the details about how I created this gift.
Here is what you’ll need:
– a clear jar (I chose this model and it look very nice)
– Baker’s Twine (you can use any string but this one is really cute)
– colored paper (I had this pastel colored paper)
– chalkboard labels (they are great for organizing and labeling so I have a big set at home).
How to create the jar of love notes
1. Use this template and print it on 6 colored pages. Each page includes 5 notes so you’ll get a total of 30 notes.
You don’t necessarily need the template, you can write everything by hand. I used the template mainly because I was able to draw the lines and make cutting easier.
2. Cut all the notes and write your love notes on each of them.
3. Use the Baker’s Twine to tie each love note.
4. Put all the notes in the jar. If there is still some empty space in the jar, you can add chocolate candies at the bottom to make it look nicer.
5. Use the chalkboard labels to create the labels for the jar and the lid.
Now you just need to offer the jar to your husband and enjoy his joy as he discovers each of your notes!
More from Playful Notes
If you need some additional inspiration for offering a lovely gift to your husband, here is another idea you may like: One year of date ideas for happy couples: A love coupon book for parents.
photo credit preview photo: Africa Studio / shutterstock.com