I’m very glad that you decided to join us and try the activities in the March Family Time Calendar!
Here are all the details that will help you put the ideas in the calendar into practice.
⭐ MONDAY: FAMILY SHARING TIME
Start by inviting every family member to share the best thing and the most challenging thing about last week. Then invite every family member to share something related to the topic in the calendar. Each participant needs to either bring an object that illustrates the topic or a picture / drawing of it. Every family member has a turn to say a few phrases about the item they chose.
⭐ TUESDAY: READING
Every Tuesday focus on connecting through stories. The calendar includes easy ways to make reading more fun and enjoy books together.
⭐ WEDNESDAY: BUILDING
Using things you already have in your home (like LEGOs, magnetic blocks, play dough, paper, etc) build something based on the ideas in the calendar.
(The parent builds as well. The activities are not just for the kids.)
⭐ THURSDAY: CREATIVITY
On Thursdays it’s time to get creative! Using items you already have (crayons, markers, paint, etc) encourage every family member to get creative and put the ideas in the calendar into practice.
(The parent draws/paints as well. The activities are not just for the kids.)
⭐ FRIDAY: FAMILY NIGHT
Start the weekend connecting as a family by planning a family night.
⭐SATURDAY: THEME OF THE MONTH
Every Saturday is dedicated to the theme of the month. This adds something new to each month and adds more fun to every week.
March theme: Kindness
⭐ SUNDAY: OUTDOOR / ACTIVE
Sundays are dedicated to either outdoor family activities or active activities inside the house.
Details about the activities
You can find here all the details for the activities marked with * on the calendar, in chronological order.
- Create a spring bucket list: You can download the printable file at the bottom of this page.
- Movie night: Have a short movie marathon. (movie recommendations: Pixar Short Films Collection)
- Indoor family treasure hunt: You can find the printable game and all the details about how to play it in the printable file at the bottom of this page.
- Family night: Fashion show
Invite every family member to choose 3 silly outfits and create a fun fashion show. To make the activity more fun for the kids let them choose things from your closet.
- Find 20 things that start with the letter “B”:
Set a timer for 20 minutes and find 20 items in your house (or outside during a walk) that start with the letter “B”. The player who finishes first wins the game. If the time end before any player find 20 items, the winner will be the player who found the most items.
- Movie night: Watch a movie inspired by a book.
Here is a list of Disney movies inspired by books.
- Create “Kindness Bookmarks”:
Invite each family member to create a bookmark with a nice message. You can use the templates in the printable file or start from scratch. Then offer the bookmark as a gift to a friend or leave it inside a book at the library for someone to find.
You can download the printable templates at the bottom of this page.
- Collaborative drawing: a spring scene – A collaborative drawing means taking turns and adding new elements to the same drawing. It’s a fun and creative activity that is great for connecting with your kids.
- Make a big drawing on the sidewalk: Use chalk to create a big drawing on the sidewalk or in your driveway. Add a nice message next to the drawing for others to discover.
Printable files for this month’s calendar
- Spring Bucket List (printable)
- Family Treasure Hunt – spring edition (printable)
- “Kindness Bookmarks” (printable)
Enjoy and have fun!