This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
Inside: Discover 20+ awesome gift ideas for kids that will help you get closer to your kids, spend more quality family time, and have fun together!
My son was standing in front of me with a big smile on his face. I could see the joy in his eyes as he was slowly putting each of the things in the little green box on the table.
The pieces of wrapping paper were still on the floor, as a reminder of the cute looking gift he had quickly unwrapped a few moments earlier.
He invited me to sit next to him. Inside the box, there were two projects for us to make together, and he wanted us to start right away.
As he was gathering the supplies for the first project, I asked him what he liked most about the gift.
Without any hesitation, he looked at me and said: “I like it because we can do this together! I’ll have a lot of fun with you!”.
It wasn’t about how cool the gift was. It wasn’t about the colorful supplies, or the activity book, or the new toys he could build.
It was all about spending time together!
I smiled and gave him a big hug. His words stuck with me and have been the best inspiration for choosing gifts for him ever since.
Because the truth is that the best gift we can give to our children is our love and attention. And even when it comes to the material gifts we offer to our kids, adding a dose of connection makes them even more special and meaningful.
This time of the year, as you are searching for the best holiday gifts for your little ones, there are plenty of gift guides on the internet to inspire you.
You can find awesome gifts that can keep kids busy for hours, educational gifts that encourage them to learn new things, cool toys with their favorite characters, and much more!
But I wanted to create a different list of ideas: a list where you can find gifts that you can enjoy with your kids, that promote family time and bring you closer to your little ones.
These gifts come with something really special: the chance to connect with your kids and make them feel happy and loved! 💙
- Fun and connection delivered to your mailbox every month 🎁
- Gifts for enjoying nature together 🍃
- Gifts that encourage meaningful conversations 💕
- Gifts for more quality family time 🧩
- Science, crafts, and gardening kits to try together
- More gifts that foster connection and quality family time
- The gift of more happy moments together 💙
Fun and connection delivered to your mailbox every month 🎁
What I love most about subscription boxes is the excitment they bring anytime they arrive in our mailbox.
They help us create a habit of reading new books or trying new project every month, and they make learning more fun for the kids!
1. Make reading time more fun with an award-winning book club for kids
Bookroo is an award-winning book club for kids that sends new books to your home every month. Each book is beautifully wrapped as a gift and the stories are lovely!
We have many books from them and we love them!
Coupon code: Use code BOOKS2LOVE to get 15% off your first order
⭐ Get it here: Bookroo subscription box (suitable for ages 0-10)
2. Explore the world together (without leaving your home)
The Atlas Crate is an awesome subscription box that invites kids to explore a new destination every month.
Each box includes 2 projects to do with your child, plus collectible cards and stickers that you gather in a special keepsake book.
The first box includes a world map where you can add all the stickers you receive every month to document your “journey” through every destination.
Suitable for: ages 6-11 (we started when my son was 5 and he loved every single box)
⭐ Get it here: Atlas Crate subscription
Gifts for enjoying nature together 🍃
To encourage kids to explore nature with you, prepare a gift that will make this more fun for them.
3. Backpack Explorer: On the Nature Trail: What Will You Find? – a wonderful guide that is perfect for the whole family to enjoy together while exploring a park or going on a hike (suitable for ages 4-8)
4. Outdoor Nature Scavenger Hunt Card Game for Families – a set of cards that will make going on a scavenger hunt easy and fun for the whole family (suitable for ages 3+)
5. Explorer Kit for Kids – a great gift for encouraging kids to explore nature (suitable for ages 4+)
Gifts that encourage meaningful conversations 💕
One of the most powerful ways to connect with kids is by encouraging them to open up to us. But sometimes getting kids to talk about what is on their mind is not easy.
A journal can help you discover more of your child’s thoughts and feelings, and it shows them that you are open to listening to them anytime they want to share something with you.
6. Wonderful journals that will bring you closer to your kids
- Q&A a Day for Kids: A Three-Year Journal (it’s wonderful to see how the answers change from year to year)
- Between Mom and Me: Mother Son Journal (for boys)
- Love, Mom and Me: Mother Daughter Journal (for girls)
- The 3 Minute Gratitude Journal for Kids (a wonderful way to teach kids to practice gratitude every day)
Gifts for more quality family time 🧩
An easy way to offer kids gifts they will love and promote family togetherness at the same time is to transform “classic” gifts into opportunities to spend quality time as a family.
Here are some gift ideas that will help you do this:
7. A board game the whole family will love
- Sequence for Kids (quick and fun, for ages 3-6)
- Ticket to Ride – First Journey (a game we play on repeat without getting bored, for ages 5+)
- Qwirkle Board Game (one of the most popular board games for kids – recommended for ages 6+)
8. A fun card game to enjoy together
Sleeping Queens – recommended for ages 8+, but we started playing it when our son was 6 and he quickly understood the rules
Rat-A-Tat-Cat – a fun game you can play in just 15 minutes (recommended for ages 6+)
Hoyle Fun Pack Kids Card Games – a set of easy games to play with young kids
9. A lovely puzzle to solve together
Songbirds Family Jigsaw Puzzle – a cute 500 piece puzzle to solve with the kids
Cats and Dogs Double-Sided Puzzle – this 100 pieces is double-sided, so the kids will have double the fun solving it
Science, crafts, and gardening kits to try together
Another way to offer your kids a gift that will help you connect with them is to choose a special activity kit to enjoy together.
Depending on your child’s age and interests (and what you like as well), here are some ideas to inspire you:
10. STEM boxes from Kiwi Co (awesome kits that include all the supplies you’ll need for the projects) <<< our favorites 💙
11. Green Kid Crafts boxes (hands-on science and art kits for kids all ages from toddlers to tweens)
12. Magic Science for Wizards Only Kit (a science kit that includes supplies for the 9 great experiments – ages 6 and up)
13. My First Mind Blowing Science Kit (another great science kit – ages 6 and up)
14. Light-up Terrarium Kit for Kids (a miniature garden to create with your kids).
More gifts that foster connection and quality family time
15. A coloring book to enjoy together: Together: A Mommy + Me Coloring Book
16. A cookbook full of recipes to try with your kids: The Complete Cookbook for Young Chefs: 100+ Recipes that You’ll Love to Cook and Eat
17. A bingo game with a fun twist: Zingo (for ages 4+)
18. An art set to inspire you to create art projects together:
The gift of more happy moments together 💙
This idea is the easiest and it’s one of my favorites because it brings so much joy and connection: create a coupon book filled with nice things to do together!
Being intentional about creating happy moments with your kids is the best way to make them feel loved!
For me, creating a coupon book for my son was a perfect opportunity to spend more quality time together. He loved using the coupons and we had a lot of fun putting all the ideas into practice!
🎁 How to prepare this gift:
- download the printable coupons
- select the ideas that you like the most (or use all the coupons)
- print the coupons and create the coupon book (in just 10 minutes)
- pack it in a nice box or using a cute wrapping paper
- offer it to your child and enjoy the ideas together!
I hope these ideas will inspire you in finding the best gift for your kids!
And most of all, I hope that these gifts will bring your family closer, add more joy to your home, and make your kids feel loved!
📌 Want to remember these ideas? Save them to your favorite Pinterest board!