This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
Inside: Discover a list of easy November activities that will help you connect with your kids and have fun together!
“To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.” (Barbara Johnson)
As parents, it’s so easy to get caught up in all the tasks we need to do every day and miss the opportunity to enjoy our kids more.
The most important goal I have this year when it comes to my family is to remind myself every day to slow down, connect with my kids, and make them feel happy and loved.
And I know that the best way to make this happen is to be intentional about spending quality time with my family.
This is why I decided to create a list of activities to help us connect and bring us closer. And I want to invite you to try it as well!
How is this activity list different
There are plenty of activity lists online, but I wanted something different.
Although I love discovering awesome activity ideas on Pinterest, I realize that I won’t be able to put them into practice every day.
I don’t want to waste time gathering a lot of materials or preparing complicated activities. So I looked for simple activities that we easily enjoy together.
The main goal of using this activity list is to have something easy to do with my kids to connect and have fun together.
You won’t find here “fancy” activity ideas but you’ll certainly discover simple ways to bring more joy and connection to your family!
November activities to enjoy with your kids
I created a list of 15 activities for us to enjoy together this month, and I hope you’ll like them as well!
I will update this list with links to the activities as we put them into practice.
Also, you can download a printable poster at the end of this article, which also includes details about the activities.
Click the links below to get more details about the activities:
1. Have a family pajama day (November 14th is Family PJ Day).
2. Create watercolor resist leaves.
3. Watch a movie inside a blanket fort (printable movie night invitation and a list of family-friendly movie ideas here).
4. Make a gratitude jar and add notes in it every day throughout the month. (You can download printable labels and notes for your gratitude jar here.)
5. Prepare homemade gifts for family and friends.
6. Go on a nature walk (add more fun to your walk with this nature scavenger hunt).
7. Have a family game marathon.
8. Create a thankful wall and invite the kids to decorate it with drawings.
9. Try a fall-inspired art activity.
Here are some ideas: leaf rubbings, leaf print art, fall portraits, zentangle turkeys, fall collage art.
10. Have a family puzzle night.
11. Read books about gratitude together. (ideas: 1. My Heart Fills With Happiness, 2. The Thank You Book (An Elephant and Piggie Book), 3. Last Stop on Market Street, 4. Bear Says Thanks, 5.The Blessings Jar: A Story About Being Thankful).
12. Have an indoor scavenger hunt.
13. Build a homemade bird feeder.
14. Make an act of kindness (November 13th is World Kindness Day).
15. Have a fall picnic.
(I will add more links here throughout the month.)
Download the printable list of November activities
Click the link below to download the printable list of ideas. Then display it in your home, and enjoy the activities with your kids.
I wish you a wonderful month of November with many happy moments with your family!