This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
These date coupons for kids are a wonderful way to offer them a meaningful gift, make them feel loved and plan many happy moments together.
Inside: These printable coupons for kids are a wonderful way to offer them a meaningful gift, make them feel loved and plan many happy moments together.
Some time ago I wrote about the most powerful way to overcome difficult parenting moments and about the importance of building a strong relationship with our kids.
From all the feedback that I received from the parents who joined our Positive Connection Challenge I realized that there are two big difficulties that most of us face when it comes to connecting with our kids:
– We often get caught in the daily hassle and we don’t offer us the chance to just slow down and enjoy our kids.
– We all want to make our kids feel loved and cherished but sometimes we just have no idea how to do this, especially when we are busy or overwhelmed by all the things going on in our life.
The good news is that there is a way to go over these challenges and it’s pretty easy!
First, we need to make a commitment to make more time for meaningful interactions with our kids. Just spending time with kids is not enough if we are not truly present and available for them.
I see this all the time in my life! Sometimes I spend the whole day with my son and we do many things together. But at the end of the day, I realize that we haven’t really connected at all.
Other times, I can spend almost the whole day working on my projects and only have 2 hours to spend with my son in the evening. But if use that time in a meaningful way, those 2 hours can mean so much!
Building a strong connection with our kids is not only about spending a lot of time with them. Most of all, it’s about spending meaningful moments with them and building memories that make them happy!
photo credit: Evgeny Atamanenko / shutterstock.com
After we make the commitment to invest time and energy into building a relationship with our kids, we only need some ideas to put into practice! And in my opinion, one of the best ways to connect with kids is planning special dates with them!
I do this often with my son and our dates offer us one of the best moments that we spend together. During the dates, we get the chance to focus on each other, have fun, and interact in a playful way. And we build so many happy memories!
This is why I decided to create a “Happy Dates with Mom” kit!
At first, I created it because I wanted to offer my son a special gift (we love to offer him experience gifts).
But after reading the messages and emails from the moms who took the Positive Connection Challenge I realized that this kit can be an awesome gift for any child!
So I want to share it with you and I hope that your child will enjoy it a lot!
This kit is more than a gift. It’s a promise that we make to our children to spend time with them on a regular basis. To enjoy nice experiences together. To make our relationship a priority, above all the other things going on in our life.
What’s included in the “Happy Dates with Mom” kit
The kit contains mini date cards with 52 date ideas to try with kids. This means a year’s worth of date ideas!
They are great for young kids (my son is 4) but they are perfect for older children too. Some of them are super easy to plan, others need a little preparation.
The ideal way to use the date kit is to plan a weekly date and to put one idea into practice at each date. You can let the child pick the activity or you can make a predefined schedule.
My plan is to take turns with my husband and split the dates between us. This way each of us will get 2 dates a month with our son and this will certainly make him happy! As you will see in the printable file, one of the covers for the kit is called “Happy Dates with Mom and Dad” and this is the one that we use.
How to create your own “Happy Dates with Mom” kit
It’s very easy to create it once you download the printable file at the end of the article.
Here is what you will need:
– white cardstock paper (you can use regular paper too but the cards look better if you use cardstock paper – I’ve used this “stardust white” paper and it looks very nice)
– a binder ring (I have this set of multicolor rings)
– the printable date cards (at the end of the article)
– a hole punch (that you probably already have at home or at the office; I have this one)
– (optional) If you have a laminator at home, it can be very helpful to laminate the covers to make them more durable.
How to prepare the kit:
1. Print the date cards from the printable file. There are 2 versions to choose from:
– one file includes the date cards (for single-sided printing)
– the other file includes one page of journal templates to print on the reverse side of each date card (where you can write down a nice memory from the date).
If you prefer the double-sided version, you first need to print all the date cards and them place them in the printer and print the journal cards on the reserve side of all of them.
2. (Optional) Laminate the covers to make them more durable.
3. Use the hole punch to make a hole in all the date cards.
4. Put all the cards together using the binder ring.
That’s all! At the end, all you need to do is offer this gift to your child and enjoy these awesome dates together!
How to download the printable “Happy Dates with Mom” cards
For a limited time, you can download the date cards for free by clicking on the below link. You just need to fill in the form and they will be delivered to your inbox!
I hope that you’ll like them and that your child will enjoy this gift!
More from Playful Notes
- Discover more awesome gift ideas for kids here: Experience gifts: The best way to offer meaningful gifts that will make kids happy.
- My biggest parenting struggles in the first 3 years of motherhood (and what helped me overcome them)
- The most important principles of respectful parenting and why they really matter
- How to help young kids deal with strong emotions in a gentle way
>> Want to remember this? Save this idea to your favorite Pinterest board!
photo credit preview photo: Evgeny Atamanenko / shutterstock.com