This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
Limited time: The 5-step strategy to setting effective limits with your child
Download the strategy that will help you set limits with calm and empathy, and encourage kids to follow your guidance without threats or punishments!
Click here to download the free guide!
If you are looking for some awesome science activities for young kids, here is a list of a lot of ideas that children will love!
My little boy loves experimenting different things around the house! He was curious to see what happens when he adds shaving cream on top of his sand box. Or what happens when he tries to pull things out of the drawer using his big blue magnet. Even what happens when he adds food coloring into his bowl of cereals without me noticing it!
I love his ability to come up with new ideas every day! But to avoid any new surprises like finding a green bowl of milk on the table, I want to redirect his need of experimenting to some science activities!
So this month will be all about learning about science and the human body! First, I’ve created a list of great activities about the human body that we will do together.
Now it’s time to plan some awesome science activities for us to try!
I’ve searched ideas that are both educational and fun. Also, I wanted them to be easy to set because I don’t like to spend a lot of time preparing the activities.photo credit: Olga Bogatyrenko / shutterstock.com
We have a great set of science tools from Learning Resources and they are perfect for preparing different experiments! The set even contains a little book with experiment ideas!
Also, we have a magnet kit (like this one) that we can use for a lot of activities about magnetism.
I’ve also recently discovered an awesome resource of science products for kids. It’s called Spangler Science and they have a store full of supplies for science activities. The two products that we plan to try this month are the Super Slime and the Big Bag of Science.
The video presentation of the bag of science looks amazing, I can’t wait to try the experiments with my son! They also have a science subscription box that seems great but Bogdan is still too young to try it!
Children books about space and weather
I’ve also discovered some nice children books that are great for teaching kids about different space and weather:
Awesome science activities for young kids
I’ve gathered here a list of 15 ideas that I liked a lot! They are perfect for young kids and I can’t wait to try them all with my son!
I hope that your kids will like them too!
1. FROZEN DINOSAUR EGGS EXCAVATION ICE SCIENCE ACTIVITY from Little Bins for Little Hands
Ice melting is always fun for little kids and this activity is very easy to set!photo credit: Little Bins for Little Hands
2. Disappearing Egg Activity for Kids from Premeditated Leftovers – An educational activity that will amaze the little ones
3. STATIC ELECTRICITY BUTTERFLY EXPERIMENT from I Heart Crafty Things
You just need a few supplies to prepare this experiment and young kids will certainly like it!
4. Shaving Cream Rain Clouds from One Little Project
The kids can prepare this experiment on their own and it looks amazing!
5. Magic Dancing Rice Experiment from Green Kid Crafts – A nice experiment to teach kids about cause and effect and chemical reactions.
6. Blowing up a Balloon with a Bottle from Frogs Snails and Puppy Dog Tails – Another great experiment to try with young kids!
7. Make Your Own Dinosaur Dig Excavation Activity from Mom Inspired Life
If you don’t have dinosaur toys, you can try it with any other small toys. It’s a really fun activity!photo credit: Mom Inspired Life
8. An activity that will teach kids about magnetism with a Free magnet worksheet for kids from The Measured Mom
9. Rainbow Jar from Playdough to Plato – A very cool experiment with common household items
10. Ocean in a Bottle with 3 Simple Ingredients from Happy Hooligans
This activity is easy to set and you’ll only need 3 ingredients.
11. OIL & WATER EXPERIMENTS FOR KIDS from Growing a Jeweled Rose
This idea is suitable for children of all ages and it’s both fun and educational!
12. Exploring Colors with Baking Soda and Vinegar from Buggy and Buddy
This is a nice activity that allows kids to explore colors and chemical reactions.
13. Sense of smell: Fun with smelling bottles from Gift of Curiosity
I totally like this activity and I will certainly try this game with my son!photo credit: Gift of Curiosity
14. Build, Paint, and Erupt Foaming Volcano from Fun at Home with Kids
This is an awesome activity that will teach kids about volcanos and chemical reactions.photo credit: Fun at Home with Kids
15. Hidden Colors – Toddler Science Experiment from Busy Toddler
Young kids will love this experiment with vinegar and baking soda and will enjoy discovering the hidden colors.
I hope that you liked these ideas and you’ll try them with your children! If you want to get access to our library of printable resources for parents, including some nice activity ideas, you can sign up HERE.
I wish you a lot of playful moments with your kids!
More from Playful Notes
photo credit preview photo & Pinterest photo: Bartosz Budrewicz / shutterstock.com