This post may contain affiliate links. Read my whole disclosure here.
Welcome to the second week of summer camp at home!
This week is all about encouraging kids to get creative exploring the Under the Sea theme.
In this week’s activity plan, you will find easy, engaging activities that will invite the kids to design a paper plate jellyfish, “rescue” small sea animals trapped in ice, and create a rainbow fish, an under-the-sea collage, and a turtle suncatcher.
⭐ Download the activity plan here and check out the links to the resources mentioned in the guide below. ⬇️
- Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist (by Jess Keating)
- The Big Book of the Blue (by Yuval Zommer)
- National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of the Ocean
- The Rainbow Fish (by Marcus Pfister)
- Pete the Cat: Scuba-Cat (by James Dean)
Movie ideas (check the trailers and recommended age for the movies to see if they are suitable for your kids):
Materials you probably already have:
- (watercolor) paper
- markers and crayons
- big paint brush
- muffin tin
- scissors (use safety scissors for young kids or do the cutting for them)
Supplies to get:
- miniature ocean animals
- colored paper (including green paper)
- paper plate
- contact paper
- tissue paper squares
- crepe paper
- colored ribbon
- (optional) blue paper (preferably 9×12″)
- (optional) googly eyes
- (optional) food coloring
- (optional) aluminium foil
⭐ Download the activity plan here and enjoy the activities with your kids. Have a playful week!